Couldnt load dependency bink2w64.dll? (Error 127)

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? 1.48 / Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Rockstar Launcher
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications W10, GTX 950, i5 processor, 8gig ram
What did you do to get this issue? Trying to install/launch FiveM.
What server did you get this issue on?
CitizenFX.log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Hi, I’m having an issue that does not let me progress further then the initial installation and then when trying to startup FiveM. I looked this error up and found little of it, people had been saying that you require a clean installation. I tried to clear my folder of any mods and traces left and it still did not work, I also deleted bink2w64.dll inside my GTA folder and let it download it again, the issue still persists. I tried verifying my GTA V and it seems to try to make me install the game again… can someone tell me if this is an issue related to having modified files or not? Thank you.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

just to update, it didn’t fix it, still getting the same error.

Fixed it apparently… Idk how, I copied the bink2w64.dll to the SC folder, Rockstar launcher folder, & the fivem folder and it opened up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.