Connection Failed Timed out after 10 seconds - message error

Sometimes when joining FiveM things go wrong :no_mouth: this error displays the “Connection Failed Timed out after 10 seconds” message on join and spawn and continues to display in my care the direct connect page behind it. but, the error is actually only the error message displaying. because you have actually joined, you are on the server, other players are visible ever so slightly at the edges of the screen, nothing is wrong at all. Except the error message covering the screen and the direct connect page displaying under that, and of course the Close button on the error message does nothing. Please make it so the error message either doesn’t display at all, or that the close button will without disconnecting from the server close both the error message and the direct connect screen under it, to make it the successful connect it otherwise exactly is.

GTA V version? 1.46
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 8.1 Pro (15% faster than “10” and Supported through January 10, 2023)
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Not related
Error screenshot (if any) See Attached
System specifications Intel i7-4790/MSI z97 14GB/GTX 760 2GB/Drivers Up to date
What did you do to get this issue? Played FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? None/My Favorite
CitizenFX.log file See AttachedFiveM_connection-false-timed-out-connected-error.rar (72.3 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs None

The server you are running on appears to be running an outdated server version (v1.0.0.961). Recent server versions have included improvements to timeout handling.

Please request the server owner to update their server.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out. I will.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.