Confirmation of Activation Issues

Hi team,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I’m posting this is the most relevant section given the circumstances.

Yesterday, Zap Hosting announced support for OneSync with support up to 128 slots, something users of the provider have been clamoring for.

Naturally, I expected that any “unstable” nature with Zap’s services to be ironed out before they pushed it live, and so I initiated an upgrade to 60 slots for my community server.

The issue comes that despite the email indicating the process would be easy, almost 18 hours on, and our server still is flagged for “OneSync not Whitelisted on this server.”

My research into the issue suggests the key that’s being used isn’t authorised by the Patron, which should have been handled by Zap as per their email.

After contacting their support, and speaking to multiple representatives, they’re insistent that FiveM is at fault. While they have stated you are working on it, I’ve seen no correspondence as to activation issues with OneSync in the last few days.

1. Is FiveM (or the relevant party involved with OneSync development) experiencing issues with OneSync activation?
  2. If yes, is there an ETA for resolution?

Thanks in advance. Normally I’d leave this with the provider for such things, but their responses are frustrating.

1 Like

While you’re likely looking for a response from an element, I’d like to offer my under-educated information. First, I’d advise you to seek out a VPS rather then using ZAP hosting, there are numerous out there that you can use that will fit your budget however, you’ll want to ensure that the one you decide on is of quality hardware to handle a 128-slot OneSync server and the resources you plan to run.

With that being said, you’ll find that there is likely no widespread issue with the OneSync activation…it takes ~6hrs after the Patreon email is linked with the Keymaster for the changes to take effect from what I’ve gathered during discussions with members of the Collective.

Additionally, a peek at the server list will indicate that there is many servers in which are utilizing the OneSync 128-slot servers. There was recently a discussion on the Discord in reference to ZAP and the OneSync 128-slot activation and I believe that it was determined to be an issue on ZAP side. Not sure how they’re activating but you could purchase the Patreon Tier yourself, then enter this as “Custom License Key” in the ZAP hosting control panel.

I hope this helps or sheds some light, if not then I apologize.

1 Like

I appreciate the response, @hallux. Being someone who works in customer service and for the better part of eight years, it becomes easier to gauge if you’re being fed a solution to a problem as opposed to the solution.

With that being said, you’ll find that there is likely no widespread issue with the OneSync activation…it takes ~6hrs after the Patreon email is linked with the Keymaster for the changes to take effect from what I’ve gathered during discussions with members of the Collective.

I figured this would be the case, because this would have been plastered all over the forum from users trying to work out why, or at the very least a statement from FiveM. The concerning part is the responses from Zap.

We have since looked into a VPS, and this might be ideal for our situation and something we may look at if this remains unresolved.

Thanks for the response mate. Will be keeping an eye on the thread for confirmation/denial of the issue reportedly at hand before I respond to Zap.

You’ve hit the nail on the head, unfortunately there’s a large group among the community whom freak at every little hiccup. In addition, it’s been my experience that the customer service portion of ZAP is lacking in some regards.

I truly feel that this would be the best bang for your buck so to speak, it will allow you more freedom and ability to control your server and get the most of what you pay for in terms of server specifications.

1 Like

Any and all Patreon subscribers are able to use OneSync fine, and there are no issues with the policy service going on at this time.

I’m not sure why ZAP started claiming to be able to offer 1s without requiring users to have a Patreon subscription - from what I’ve been told this wasn’t discussed with us beforehand, and was presumably not intended.

FiveM 128 Slots + OneSync now available at ZAP!

Hi hyp3rstrike,

The Devs of FiveM have done a great job!

The current server builds, which we installed yesterday on all ZAP-Hosting FiveM game servers, run very stable with 128 slots and OneSync.

From now there are 128 available for ZAP FiveM Gameservers!
**Just open your FiveM Server in the ZAP Control Panel and click on “Up-/Downgrade” **

There you can upgrade to 128 slots.

After the upgrade, check the slot value under “Settings” . Adjust it to the higher value if necessary.

After a restart , the newly booked slots will be available.

With more than 32 booked slots, our system automatically activates OneSync for your server.

You don’t need your own Patreon Key! The key provided automatically by ZAP supports OneSync!**

@bohrium

This is the relevant segment of the email from ZAP yesterday stating that they now support OneSync and that the keys are provided for us.

I can screenshot and send the correspondence with their staff where they’ve directly said that FiveM was at fault and the “devs are looking into it.”

This would have been blatant false advertising on their end - a number of ZAP keys have originally had OneSync enabled only for ‘testing’, not massive-scale providing of services to end users without requiring the user to have their own subscription.

In addition to that, they haven’t been granted access to 128 slot policy ever (since this is currently a Platinum tier only feature - however it seems there’s a tiny flaw in the check allowing other keys to use it as well), so once that’d have been fixed anyone purchasing a server with over 64 slots would have had an issue no matter what.

In addition to that, no communication has been made with us regarding this subject until they noticed most their keys didn’t have this policy - no asking ‘hey is it okay for us to claim people don’t need their own key’, not even asking for a heads-up - the only communication has been a single message asking something along the lines of “uh, do all keys have OneSync?” once their customers started asking, and some messages a few hours prior (but 2 days after they started selling these server instances).

@nta

Thanks for your reply. This is deeply concerning, and not the response I expected - but this explains why my server instance isn’t whitelisted at all.

If it may help, I’ve just enabled the ‘up to 64 slot’ policy on the forum account you’ve posted this with - for the time being, you can make a key on keymaster and use it wherever you can enter a license key for your server.

@nta

That is most generous of you. Thank you, mate!

If there is any further information I can supply with regards to this, please let me know.

Just to finalize this topic - it seems ZAP has issued a retraction of their earlier claim and now added warnings that their high-population servers require a subscription.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve received several emails in succession.

I’ve started down the VPS journey to eventually move away from Zap. This hasn’t been a good experience on their part.

But the people here at FiveM who answered my queries today have been outstanding. My community thanks you.