Config.lua files are resetting after restart

I’ve been trying for days to edit a config.lua for any specific resource, it’s happened to a multiple few…

I edit the file, I make sure it’s saved correctly, and I even back out of the FTP and double check it’s saved, and it’s all there as I edited it… as soon as I restart the server and load in, I go back to check the FTP file and it’s reset to normal as if I didn’t ever edit it.

BTW I’m hosting through ZAP hosting… Any way around this, or how can I efficiently edit the file without having to have it revert back to normal? Quite frustrating… Thanks for any help you guys provide!

1 Like

ZAP has a config setting in the panel called “disable force overwrite” or something to that effect. You need to hit that or ZAP will simply continue undoing all the changes you’ve made.

1 Like

I’ll try that… is that gonna for sure fix my issue?

Where do I do this at? I can’t find it on the Zap Hosting dashboard or in the settings.

Look more closely. If you can’t find it, contact ZAP through their handy little chat system.

I’m not in an actual control panel… I’m in a dashboard type thing… You can’t just screenshot where it’s at for me and show me an image? lol

No I can’t because I haven’t been a ZAP customer for a very long time.

Nevermind I think I found it… something along the lines of clear cache?

No. disable force overwrite. clear cache is a different thing entirely.

This is what I’m seeing though, it says Activate this function if changes to your scripts are not applied… I’ve looked everywhere for Disable Force Overwrite, so maybe they just tied that into this setting? It’s no where else in the settings at all.

Yeah, this didn’t work… so I need to find out where to disable force overwrite…

This is really irritating and I’m not getting any responses from Zap Hosting on this either.

Hey @nelobsivart have you got a update on this? I just bought a server from Zap-Hosting and I have the same issue. Actually I know where the force overwrite is, but it won’t work when it is enabled or disabled. It would be nice if you already got a solution!

Thanks,
Jorrit

It started working fine when I disabled Force-overwrite.

I also have it set to clear cache everytime I restart the server… so maybe that’ll help if you haven’t already set that. Best of luck!

Yes for me it was already off, but after turning it on and off it worked. Thanks!

What tab is the clear Cache on restart at? I cant find it

I actually don’t see it on the zap dashboard anymore either.

Ami I do not get any of that yet do not have any solution or zap has not responded?

annyone knows ready where to changes this? because have the same problem

Connect to ftp and delete all github directories in the resources