Clients Repeatedly Crashing (Mainly NVidia GPU Drivers) - many logs/dmp's inside

Hi,

A lot of users including myself are frequently getting a NVidia GPU Drivers crash on my server, I have spoken with members within the FiveM support discord which may believe it could be a vehicle/ymap causing the issue.

My original Discord message:

Okay, so as to the Nvidia GPU Drivers crash, what can anyone advise? This is plaguing all 3 of my servers, typically the more higher populated servers give a higher crash rate, I have been creating ETW traces for WPA left right and center to eliminate any bad/horror coded scripts which could potentially be causing crashing but I will put confidence on the line in saying its not a script error as nearly every tick of every resource is below 2ms and the server runs incredibly smooth, just the crashing due to drivers is left now and not sure how to proceed.

To note, people have tried
- Rolling back drivers
- Deleting cache files
- Reinstalling FiveM
- Completely removing graphics drivers and re-installing
- Reinstalling GTA V (okay lol?)
- A different fucking GPU (Any AMD works perfectly and no crashing reported)

Inside the archive is a few different errors also which I’m unsure also how to proceed with, if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful!

GTA V version? (unsure, multiple users)
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Mix of all I would imagine (multiple user reports)
Windows version? Windows 10/8/7
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, all users have tried
Error screenshot (if any) See zip archive Images folder
System specifications From many different users
What did you do to get this issue? Unsure
What server did you get this issue on? HighLife Roleplay
CitizenFX.log file See inside archive Crashes Folder
.dmp files/report IDs See inside archive Crashes Folder

Crashes.zip (3.9 MB)

Also add what you already tried so far.

1 Like

Is this exclusive to replacement cars or addons as well?

Happens alot to servers with too many cars, resources, map addons, etc.

bravo-twenty-april: heap corruption in a heap used by d3d11.dll. it seems to be the global process heap, so that doesn’t lead to much of a cause.
social-oven-ten: heap corruption in the ucrtbase heap. this is probably caused by fragment cache sharing the ucrtbase heap, pointing to vehicle models as being a likely cause.
NVIDIA crashes: also memory corruption, the same pattern gets written as in the above crashes but this time to a memory address used by the NVIDIA driver.

These are all likely to be caused by vehicle mods, if you ever pinpoint which it is, please say so so that we can fix whatever out-of-bound write GTA does by reproducing it. :slight_smile:

Alternately, if this crash happens really often during gameplay (and, in the best case, even if alone on a similar server), perhaps uploading the full set of vehicle resources if possible (and linking it in an email to pr@fivem.net) might help us make some free time to cause the issue and test it with a special means of monitoring for out-of-bounds writes (that we can’t directly enable for everyone as it completely ruins game performance :slightly_frowning_face: ).

1 Like

Thank you for the in-depth reply, really helps, I’ve removed a lot of replacement vehicles and crashing seems to have stopped, I did get a GPU Driver crash last night even after removing but that seemed like an oddity as it happened once in maybe 4 hours which is way way better than before.

I’ll provide all vehicle resources and ymap resources to the email you provided to give you something to work with if that helps.

Many thanks.

p.s is there anyway we can get an error reference somewhere so in future people can understand the cause of each type of crash? I know that may be difficult but would be really beneficial as it’s something that needs to be asked here to be explained.

:slight_smile:

not really possible, each crash has to be investigated on a case-by-case basis, and there’s potentially millions of different crashes

1 Like

Alright, understandable.

Out of interest, if I am wanting to keep custom vehicles, I’m I going to run into the same kind of issues if I convert all of them addon vehicles and not replacements?

Most likely yes, it’s likely to be a specific issue with one or more vehicle models that are in use causing memory corruption. This is theoretically preventable with some game code changes, but first we have to find what code causes these out of bounds writes.

Alright, gzipping everything now and I’ll get them sent over asap.

Alright, sent :slight_smile: (20 chars)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.