Requesting Removal

Yup, and mine still works… but thats the way it goes I guess.

I love how you taken the concept from NoPixel’s chat and made a really marvelous job and quite unique more than their’s. Well done my friend, may I ask if it’s possible to make it as a template?

if you’d like to use it your more then welcome to just add credits to it
and I have another release coming soon for interactive notices (You’re injured) (Your tired) (Recovering) ect… so you get notices at the top left of the screen.

2 Likes

I would love to see that mate

Any idea whats causing the duel chat. I only have this in the server no other chat service.

Screenshot of chat

Does anyone know how to add chat animations?

1 Like

Put a cancelchat event in the esx_rpchat

1 Like

Yeah i can edit basic stuff by looking at it but when it comes to adding code i have no idea. Do you mind posting what i need to do to what file. thank you very much if you can.

Put this in esx_rpchat/server/main.lua above line 32

AddEventHandler("chatMessage", function(source, args, raw)
    CancelEvent()
end)
3 Likes

Thanks for this nice release, very usefull.

Thank you I appreciate it.

Love this. Just curious though… Is there a way to make the chat box not as wide/long on the screen and maybe make it taller? I have been trying for a while and am struggling. Any advice would be much appreciated! :smiley:

You would have to do some css under the server.lua

I did as you said and it didnt work i still get the rp name and the username replying in the chat. did i mess it up?

Bro you have to remove 27-31 and replace it with that piece of code, he provided you

ahh okay thank you

No problem :smiley:

Ty i got that :stuck_out_tongue: just working on moving the input box down now too :slight_smile:

http://prntscr.com/n2yhl1 Can you tell me what I did wrong?

NOTE: I AM STILL LEARNING THIS STUFF
When you type without /ooc or /twitter , etc you get
“Playerfirstname message” in a weird color in the chat box.
I believe this is what does it?:

AddEventHandler('chatMessage', function(source, name, message)
      if string.sub(message, 1, string.len("/")) ~= "/" then
          local name = getIdentity(source)
		TriggerClientEvent("sendProximityMessageMe", -1, source, name.firstname, message)
      end
      CancelEvent()
  end)

What I am trying to do is make it so it says “Playername (Proximity) says: “message”.”
If that makes any sense…
Could anyone offer advice? :slight_smile: