/chat - /textchat - /chatoff

I am currently looking for a script to turn off the text chat in the top left corner as I record and stream quite frequently and hate seeing messages every 2 seconds. If any could help me make one or has one please feel free to pm me or reply to this.

1 Like

FiveM will update this soon like this, so it will be possible soon.
(Not sure if this is possible yet)

1 Like

The search tool is really useful FYI

1 Like

looked for days mate.

looked and looked

1 Like

I have seen many servers done it

1 Like

And you do not saw this?

PS: I saw a native for it, but I couldnā€™t find it Backā€¦

no, thats not what im meaning. I mean clientside I could do /chat or /textchat and it would not show the chat on my side (clientside)

1 Like

Wait I found it :slight_smile:

SET_TEXT_CHAT_ENABLED

This is a bool toggle, so If you want to use that you need to do something like that: NATIVE_NAME(true) or false to deactivate it.

2 Likes

shittttt big props but do you think you could help me and maybe release it together lmao

No problem, but I need to get to work first, I dm you later how it actually works. :slight_smile:

big thanks brother.

1 Like

iā€™m going to use that native to whip up a script cause iā€™m bored lol. it may or may not work. (although i want it to work :wink: )

ā€¦is this what youā€™re looking for?

Made by the one and only @TheStonedTurtle

yeah ik but that one wasnā€™t working oh btw i know you have it in your server i tested it. but it didnā€™t seem to work so i might try to fix it :wink:

Yeah thing is I canā€™t redo all my system settings, they are all custom.

Just tested it and worked fine for me.

Yup, this one works perfectly.

3 Likes

Also note your replacing your chat resource which is not good. also because moderators will dislike you for it :stuck_out_tongue:

but i did try installing it and i got a double chat when typing lol.

just joined and as you can see i get 2 chat boxes.

nvm i think i fixed it