Chat customizations

Do you have a screenshot?

There ya go (sorry for it being a bit dark :stuck_out_tongue: )

Let me investigate it and I’ll come back in a bit.

Sounds good! thanks for looking into it :slight_smile:

At a glance it looks like pNotify.

Well, i talked to one of the staff on the server, i asked him about the resource and he told me it was a modified chat resource :man_shrugging: so after a good 2 hours of scanning the forum for heck knows what i’m looking for i finally came here :stuck_out_tongue: but you know , he could be wrong aswell :stuck_out_tongue:

Heello, Destiny, Thank you for the interest in my resource, the individual you probably spoke to about that resource was more then likely from WWRP or CivLife (My server), If it was WWRP those individuals stole some of my private code and have been using it if they offer you it please do not accept. This is currently not released sadly, But I may be releasing it in the future or the upcoming days, I can assure you its not Pnotify, It actually is Custom HTML & CSS Built into a chat function :slight_smile: Hope that points you in the right direction.

1 Like

Just use a chat template in chat:addMessage.

1 Like

Also throw in Font Awesome and your good to go :smiley:

Yep it was staff from WWRP. “It’s literally on the releases page” thanks for the false info haha. But thanks for reaching out kriz :slight_smile: looking forward to your release :slightly_smiling_face:

Yea no problem I’ll be sure to let you know when I do release it, Sadly they have been going around stating all my stuffs public to those who ask which is not the case, they wouldn’t dare redistribute the stolen code tho. but again yea just PM me, and Ill shoot you the link when I release it man :smiley:

1 Like

it’s a few lines of html/css why is this such a big deal

also if you really want teh codez … it’s all client side you can connect to their server and grab it with Chrome Debug tools

you guys need to get a grip on all this “private” code stuff

Also, you really should be more creative and stop calling it “Twitter”

There’s a reason it was called Lifeinvader :wink:

It might be a few lines of html/css , someones elses work isnt something you should be taking credit for as your own. No matter how small it might be, it’s a form of respect. I mean just stealing someone elses code and claiming it to be your own custom stuff for me is hitting bottom line…

1 Like

Sure Sure, I’m not saying people “should” steal code… or that credit shouldn’t be given where due.

I’m saying people should realize that it’s not really worth hording and they should just release this stuff.

It creates way more chaos around here people bickering over 3 lines of html or a call to a native and a few parameters that can be easily found in the GTA sources.

it’s not moving the community forward

share the simple stuff so that people can invest their time in stuff that’s actually new and intersting instead of trying to figure out “how they did that” all the time… THAT is the spirit of the TOS

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from. But then again, we should be glad people release their custom scripts with us, for all i know they could just keep it to themselves :man_shrugging: but that said haha , lets wait for that release :smiley:

you mean … this?

Claiming something that’s in the documentation is a “custom release” is just silly

Maybe the reason people are not releasing it is cause its not built to simply just be something that is handed off and there is multiple layers to it, meaning what you see may be threw 3 other resources as well, and they don’t release it till they get around to doing that all while working for their own community, Regardless of 2 - 3 lines of it, people want stuff given to them with no work or effort at all, and if someone does the work and designs something their own way it is considered their own work sure its easy to copy and sure its easy to do again, but thats the difference between people who are willing to do the work and people who are just going to sit around and wait for people to do the work for them, The difference between just a “native or a function” is its basic design anyone can just release that, but CSS HTML is not common knowledge despite what I believe it should be and to claim that just because it has a function or a native in it doesn’t make it custom? I mean in that case then all of HTML or CSS or JS or anything isn’t custom, its the design people want and they are not willing to do the work, Don’t get me wrong I would love to release all my work, but the difference is when I release it if its not SIMPLIFIED or even spelled out for people, then I get dm’s daily about why it doesn’t work or continues spam in discord or other means of communication from people cause they broke a script I released. and also the fact that its not fully complete to my standards. Im all for sharing code and sharing stuff, but the comments about “Well if you use it then everyone should share it” its not finished… so its not ready for release. and will eventually be released. if they want to do it themselfs, then they know where to look.

fair points, I’ll concede most of that… sadly

I have finally released it publicly I will not be providing any support on this release.

How can I do so that when they use / anon the id comes out