Changing Engine sounds

I looked around everywhere I could and couldn’t find any help on this, Is there anyway possible to change Engine sounds? Wether it be client side or server side. Thank you in advance!

As far as I know You cant change the sound but you can swap the sounds changing the sound will crash your game and will not work.

@RezPlays in your vehicles.meta, find the name of the model which you would like to change. Then find the line SPEEDO, just replace “SPEEDO” with the name of the vehicle you want it to sound like.

In this case I have my boxville sounding like the speedo van. Just take warning that if you change this line for any emergency vehicles they will no longer have working sirens.

@deziel0495 Ah thank you! i was talking about adding a modded Engine sound i.e. Crown Victoria V8 sound

@RezPlays said in Changing Engine sounds:

@deziel0495 Ah thank you! i was talking about adding a modded Engine sound i.e. Crown Victoria V8 sound

You could do that through OpenIV and the mods.asi method. Plenty of tutorials on here of how to do it. Same method as installing custom sirens.

@deziel0495 So you do it client side then?

Correct. Only things currently supported server side are car models, ped models and guns models.

Audio support is in development but there is no ETA.

@deziel0495 Thank you very much

@deziel0495 said in Changing Engine sounds:

Correct. Only things currently supported server side are car models, ped models and guns models.

Audio support is in development but there is no ETA.

This is correct.

1 Like