Changes regarding FiveM servers

Yeah that’s what I thought. But I read your post and the guy above it and was like uhh okay now I’m slightly confused haha.

I’m figuring something is wonky for the servers to not show up. I tried another key on my end and still not working but not that big of a deal atm where I’m panicking or whatever. Thanks for the reply back.

1 Like

dedicated server means a VPS, with the difference that it is not virtual, but it’s a actual machine. that should be allowed. + my server also isn’t listed even though i have a vps.

1 Like

Dedicated servers are allowed. You can’t have pre-configured servers without root access.

Sorry but I disagree with this. I have used Cit-a-del Servers for a long time and they have great support and up time as well as reasonable prices. But those who want a pre-configured server are being forced to choose Zap.

Absolutely sickening. Creating a monopoly and discouraging competition between hosting providers which is always better for consumers (lower prices).

2 Likes

well, kit-a-mell could’ve always just asked and actually made an offer to be an official GSP, but instead they decided to ignore ToS and host servers anyway.

2 Likes

This is honestly nothing but a money grab from the FiveM crew and it’s really disappointing.

2 Likes

Proof it’s a money grab from the Collective? They’ve simply found a way to break even within the project. No one is stopping you from finding the cheapest, best VPS provider and going that route.

1 Like

No, you’re right. I’ve hosted both ways. I much prefer the simplicity of a point and click server hoster.

Regardless, again, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, I am very disappointed in the money grab attempt from the FiveM dev team.

I get it, you should be rewarded for your hard work, however monopolizing hosting providers is not the way to do it.

1 Like

Let’s not start drama please. If you have any concerns & want to reach out to the collective, do so via pr@fivem.net, but let’s not stir shit on the forum.

2 Likes

Edit: Due to Shayan posting I’ll remove my comment.

So low.ms is allowed to host?

No, the only authorized GSP is ZAP Hosting… Please follow up with the TOS:

How do i know that they won’t be blacklisted in a few months if i decide to go with them?

An exclusivity agreement was signed between ZAP Hosting and FiveM… They will not be blacklisted.

How long will that contract last though? Does it say?

@Revulver, the deatils of the contract were not released, however, I can assure you, ZAP Hosting will not get blacklisted.

Ok, thanks for the help, now I just got to try and get a refund from low.ms

1 Like

Be careful, they just shut my server down after 5 months of hard work, now I have to restart from scratch!

No, they blacklisted your unauthorized GSP… Should have read the TOS…

1 Like

Did you not read what I said? I’d probably be okay with this if they offered help switching from provider to provider, but no I now have to buy a NEW server, after I was billed last night for this month, upload over 9 gigs with an upload speed of 150 kb/s AND restart my database from complete scratch. Over 600 players have saved data in my DB and they all now have to restart!