Changes regarding FiveM servers

well, kit-a-mell could’ve always just asked and actually made an offer to be an official GSP, but instead they decided to ignore ToS and host servers anyway.

2 Likes

This is honestly nothing but a money grab from the FiveM crew and it’s really disappointing.

2 Likes

Proof it’s a money grab from the Collective? They’ve simply found a way to break even within the project. No one is stopping you from finding the cheapest, best VPS provider and going that route.

1 Like

No, you’re right. I’ve hosted both ways. I much prefer the simplicity of a point and click server hoster.

Regardless, again, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, I am very disappointed in the money grab attempt from the FiveM dev team.

I get it, you should be rewarded for your hard work, however monopolizing hosting providers is not the way to do it.

1 Like

Let’s not start drama please. If you have any concerns & want to reach out to the collective, do so via pr@fivem.net, but let’s not stir shit on the forum.

2 Likes

Edit: Due to Shayan posting I’ll remove my comment.

So low.ms is allowed to host?

No, the only authorized GSP is ZAP Hosting… Please follow up with the TOS:

How do i know that they won’t be blacklisted in a few months if i decide to go with them?

An exclusivity agreement was signed between ZAP Hosting and FiveM… They will not be blacklisted.

How long will that contract last though? Does it say?

@Revulver, the deatils of the contract were not released, however, I can assure you, ZAP Hosting will not get blacklisted.

Ok, thanks for the help, now I just got to try and get a refund from low.ms

1 Like

Be careful, they just shut my server down after 5 months of hard work, now I have to restart from scratch!

No, they blacklisted your unauthorized GSP… Should have read the TOS…

1 Like

Did you not read what I said? I’d probably be okay with this if they offered help switching from provider to provider, but no I now have to buy a NEW server, after I was billed last night for this month, upload over 9 gigs with an upload speed of 150 kb/s AND restart my database from complete scratch. Over 600 players have saved data in my DB and they all now have to restart!

And it appears you did not read what I just said…

Before even downloading the FiveM client, you have to accept the TOS… so there is no excuse at all for not reading it.

1 Like

Nah I read it clearly, so now I’m not allowed to voice an opinion on monopolization? Never said I didn’t read the ToS, never said I expected anything & I certainly didn’t say that I agree with element. My point is, it’s shitty to do to people who do nothing but support these developers with the platform they created! If you truly believed in a community driven project, you probably shouldn’t ADAMANTLY advertise the notion that you want nothing but enjoyment from your player base only to blacklist servers without any support or help in transitioning. :slight_smile:

I mean why would they offer support to port your server to a new host… thats your job. If you DID read the TOS you would not have had your server on a non authorized GSP…??..??

1 Like

5 months ago there WAS no authorized GSP?