Change localhost direct connect to any IP

The localhost quick connect button is very useful for those who develop their servers by hosting them on their own PC.
But how about us, who develop our server on a VPS for example, due to network limitations or whatever?
Can we please be able to change the IP for that button, so that we all benefit from it? Thanks in advance.

They have a direct connect box.

I know. But the direct connect box can be used for any ip and also for localhost, so why should the other button (let’s call it “the even more direct connect”) be only for localhost instead of any other IP too?

Because its used for a localhost connection and direct connect is used for IP’s not local to your network.

Direct Connect seems to save the last IP you connected to, just click Direct Connect and then click the Connect button.
It’s literally one extra click, you’re most likely putting up more time working with the VPS per update than the extra click required to connect.

2 Likes

If this is still too much for you, simply create a FiveM shortcut and add this to the command execution line:

+connect ip:port

Which will automatically connect to that server as soon as FiveM is booted up.

It is not too much for me, but I just don’t understand why they added that button for localhost connect only, I think it should just be a shortcut to the IP you desire. Anyway, thanks for that tip, it’ll be even more useful to me than the button.