Carvariations.meta & handling.meta

Hi Guys,

Are Carvariations.meta and handling.meta able to be installed serverside? If so if there instructions on how and where the files go. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Pardon if ive missed something but it doesnt say where to put the files…

@Sergeant_Anderson
this is how you do it:

in your resources folder you make a new folder called whatever you like, for this example i use the name ‘‘addon’’ as shown below:

in the folder addon you create a file called ‘’__resource.lua’’ and a folder called ‘‘stream’’ as shown below:

now you are gonna install the files, in the folder ‘‘stream’’ you put the yft and ytd files, as shown below:

now you need to install the .meta files: you put the files you want for example vehicles.meta, handling.meta, carvariations.meta etc. as shown below:

now you need to edit the ‘’__resource.lua’’ with notepad++ or similar. in this file you choose wich .meta files need to be loaded so in our case the files"handling, vehicles and carvariations.meta’’ need to be loaded. as shown below:

save it and you are almost done.
the last thing you need to do is open the ‘‘citmp-server.yml’’ in your main server folder, and add the name of the folder as shown below:

this is all, now you have installed a addon! if anything else feel free to ask me.

here you have the text wich is in the ‘’__resource.lua’’:

resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’

files {
‘vehicles.meta’,
‘handling.meta’,
‘carvariations.meta’
}

data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘handling.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE’ ‘vehicles.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE’ ‘carvariations.meta’

I tried that, but it crashes the client.

[Window Title]
FiveM Fatal Error

[Main Instruction]
FiveM has encountered an error

[Content]
An exception occurred (c0000005 at 0x7ffd4a43a6e5) during loading of resources:/bf109/handling.meta in data file mounter class CVehicleHandlingFileMounter. The game will be terminated.

If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details in this window.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash ID: bdc5ed1d-9618-4950-a352-c0bfe2ffb040 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

Try this in resource.lua: Its stright from my resource.lua

files {
‘vehicles.meta’,
‘handling.meta’,
‘carvariations.meta’
}

data_file ‘VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE’ ‘vehicles.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE’ 'carvariations.met

client_script ‘vehicle_names.lua’

1 Like

I only need the handling

Here:

files {
‘handling.meta’,
}

client_script ‘vehicle_names.lua’

1 Like

Still didn’t work.

[Window Title]
FiveM Fatal Error

[Main Instruction]
FiveM has encountered an error

[Content]
An exception occurred (c0000005 at 0x7ffd3a33a6e5) during loading of resources:/bf109/handling.meta in data file mounter class CVehicleHandlingFileMounter. The game will be terminated.

If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details in this window.

[^] Hide details  [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash ID: 7ab71b5d-ba4e-4e4e-a5ca-332b96a54994 (use Ctrl+C to copy)

Im having the same crashing issue.

I believe it is your handling.meta crashing :confused: Only thing to do is redo it.

I’ve tried with one that works fine for my client but doesnt work on the server… I can get on the server but it just doesnt load that handling.

1 Like

I just recently redid my handling after i had the same error: Problem gone now

ive found a solution. basically copy and paste these files and run them. change values as u wish ie drift handling like myself .

but you must follow the same format to the letter and spaces must be correct or else ur script wont work.

[RELEASE] Realistic Handling 1.0 ,.,.,

2020-04-11_22-49-40.mkv (5.0 MB)

I put the lights all in blue, but there are still some lights in red and I changed everything to blue, so it can only be in the meta files, but in which one is it changed