Can't hear or speak in voice chat

GTA V version? 1.46
Up to date? Yep.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam.
Windows version? Latest of Windows 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? No.
Error screenshot (if any) None.
System specifications:
CPU : AMD FX-4300
MOTHERBOARD : Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2
STORAGE : Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
GPU : Radeon R7 240
POWER SUPPLY : Sparkle 350W SFX
OPTICAL DRIVE : LG GH24NSC0
MONITOR : AOC E2429SWHE 23.6"
What did you do to get this issue? I tried to use voice chat.
What server did you get this issue on? Several, including a whitelisted one.
CitizenFX.log file:
CitizenFX.log (445.6 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs Not sure what this is.

If an issue with starting (which it isn’t):
GTA V folder screenshot http://prntscr.com/md1gms
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot http://prntscr.com/md1gsi
Filepath to FiveM folder C:\Users\nicko\Desktop\FiveM\FiveM.app
FiveM client folder screenshot http://prntscr.com/md1gyf and http://prntscr.com/md1h1b
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? No.

I’ve tried tinkering with the voice chat settings, turning it on and off, unplugging/replugging devices, and, out of desperation, a full reinstall of both GTA 5 and FiveM. My audio works perfectly in-game except for Voice Chat, and my microphone transmits clearly with every other program I use (TS and Discord).

Just to clarify, the issue only lies with not being able to hear voice chat at all and not being able to speak in voice chat.

EDIT(s)

Screenshot of voice chat settings:

What is really odd to me is that the microphone test thing picks up my microphone and so does the GUI when I press down my PTT (the little currently talking thing displays my name is what I mean here). Not sure what that points to though. Any help is greatly appreciated, even if you think I might’ve already given your fix a shot please reply! Also reply if you’re having this problem too, so we can compare what we’ve all tried.

6 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

7 Likes

EDIT/UPDATE

Screenshot of voice chat settings:

What is really odd to me is that the microphone test thing picks up my microphone and so does the GUI when I press down my PTT (the little currently talking thing displays my name is what I mean here). Not sure what that points to though. Any help is greatly appreciated, even if you think I might’ve already given your fix a shot please reply! Also reply if you’re having this problem too, so we can compare what we’ve all tried.

1 Like

Bump, this is making my game nearly unplayable as I only use FiveM for its multiplayer features.

1 Like

It’s been just under a week, and we’re heading into the weekend. I’d love if somebody could (at least) take a look at my situation and see if they can help me out here? I really don’t mean to sound pestering, but I’d love to get back into FiveM over the weekend.

Have you tried to turn off voice chat then turn it back on? Like put Voice Chat disabled and then re enabled it, that helps me a ton sometimes

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve tried turning it on and off in the GTA 5 Settings menu. I also tried turning it on and off in the Lambda Trainer (in applicable servers, some don’t allow it) but it doesn’t seem to help.

1 Like

Anyone?

Hey Tenoii, did you ever figure out a resolution to this issue? I am having an identical problem.

Nope, sadly my problem is still unsolved.

1 Like

What kind of device are you using? If you are using a logitech device, try uninstalling the Logitech Gaming Software

2 Likes

I’m using a SteelSeries Arctis 3 wired, but my mic + audio works 100% fine on everything else. This problem only occurs with GTA 5, as far as I’m aware.

Have you tried regular online?

I am having the same problem and have tried everything and still doesn’t work, I do have the logitech software and haven’t tried unistalling, anyone know what to do

1 Like

I’m not sure how to enable voice chat in Online, and I haven’t tried it. I figure this’ll tell me whether it’s a FiveM or GTA issue though so I’ll give it a shot and let you know.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.