Cant connect Steam must be running

I had same problem , but i dont remember how to solve it ) try to delete cache too , one of this stupid things worked for me )

Ah wait , close all procceses ā€œFiveMā€ in task manager run steam and go fivem

tried that already, no change :confused:

Install FiveM launcher correctly, start steam. Make sure you allready buyed GtaV with your acc. Make sure it is uptodate. Launch gtav in online session to verify its all correctly. Close gtav, start Fivem trought shortcut.

Done that already :confused:

Nothing is irregular with my system, I have no idea why this problem is still occurringā€¦

Me tooā€¦ Whenever i launch it it says on steam im in game fivem but, then when it starts, i go back to online and i cant join serversā€¦ help?

Anyone else got any info?

I would say if anything, restart your PC and if you havenā€™t already, set steam to Launch on Windows Boot. I have that set and never have any trouble.

I have same problem but i have GTA 5 on social club not on steam help i want to play on FiveM
thanks

Iā€™m not sure where you heard this, but itā€™s not trueā€¦

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure FiveM is completely closed. Start Steam, and then try running FiveM.
  2. Make sure Steam and FiveM are up-to-date.
  3. Try updating to Steam to a beta build (if it doesnā€™t work, then revert back to stable)

Also: If running Windows 7, please consider updating to Windows 10

You just need steam running is whats he is saying you dont need the steam version just steam in general.

First time FiveM player here, got this error saying Steam must be running. I did not buy GTA5 through steam, it launches through the GTA5 launcher and/or Social Club. I never have Steam running when I run GTA5.

some servers require you to have steam, so leave steam running in the background then run fivem and it will be fine.

That seems to work for me. I thought I had to add GTAV to Steam but that is not the case, simply having Steam open works all by itself.

i have GTA 5 on social club and I can play all u have to do is turn steam on

Anyone got a fix for this? One of our players getting this. Their Steam wont connect to their FiveM account even though yesterday it was.

I found one (worked for me) turned of steam beta

2 Likes

Worked for me also!!!

Oh i have GTA through the Epica games store. Does this mean i cant play fivem?