Built in Framelimiter or Whitelist RTSS again

Title.

Anyway this would be possible? I’m playing on a racing server that needs to have 60fps to legitimately claim records.

Vsync is bad because of massive input lag. Nvinspector with v2 mode forced off still has a little bit of input lag (Yes it does source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs0PYCpBJjc&feature=youtu.be).

RTSS is the only thing that gives under one frametime input lag and is the fastest method to limit. There is another tool but that’s bugged for now.

So will it be possible to whitelist RTSS or at least add a hidden setting in a textfile or something to do it manually? I always used RTSS with FiveM and never had issues as long as you know what to do (just disable overlay stuff) and would love to see it come back.

I don’t even know why it was blacklisted at all?!

Then fix that ‘racing server’ to not be frame rate-dependent, since V itself definitely isn’t.

Is ‘RTSS’ open source, so that this method can be integrated? If not, no.

It was blacklisted over a year ago, as stated in the commit link in an earlier post.

At one point FiveM forced lag-free vsync, but that broke people’s games on weird GPU setups, so it was removed.

Ehm thats not possible to fix since it’s GTA physics that make you go faster if your frames are higher.

I never said to implement RTSS?

I know that it “was” blacklisted a year ago. Then there was a workaround that got patched too for who knows why. Read again. Asking “why”.

FiveM already limits the FPS to 120 in the start menu of it. Maybe expand that to the game with a setting to change? This could work. Best would be to whitelist RTSS or enable the workaround again.

No, physics happen at a fixed interval, like many many physics engines. I don’t know who told you this or how you think this is a thing. Maybe it might be off by 0.000001% due to FP errors, but that is only marginal and wildly irrelevant towards a racing server.

And why would they even allow RTSS, if this introduces crashes for other people running this software. Sounds like a 1% vs 99% problem to me.

Zero crashes for me all the time. With the workaround zero too and goes the same for hundreds of other people.

You are wrong with your assumption. The higher the fps the higher you will go in GTA, at least on bumpy tracks since curb boosting is more effective. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRtuBSjTGc

Nothing intentionally ‘got patched’ with regards to this.

And since when did you mention kerb boosting was in question, since that not even a feature of GTA, so yeah that might be indeed broken and not framerate dependent, but what do you expect FiveM to do about this?

Then again, this seems like a flaw from the server you are playing on, they can EASILY implement native delta time trackers to make 100% sure that someone is definitely at 60fps. I.e GET_FRAME_TIME.

Of course, because all the 80.000 players who play FiveM have identical machines, operating systems, installed software and does things 100% identical to you. Yeah I don’t think so.

The loading screens use a completely different rendering system to the actual game.

What ‘workaround’? Again, nothing was intentionally ‘patched’.

Ehm this isnt GTASA.

Like i thought this is a brickwall. Thread can be closed.

You seem to be the only ‘brickwall’ here.

If you’d provide source code for whatever frame limiting stuff RTSS had, or source code for RTSS in general, we can look into integrating this functionality.

Alternately, answer the questions posed earlier, such as:

1 Like

Never attacked you personally, You don’t have to do it then. Reported. Like I said thread can be closed as I try to suggest something but I wont tolerate that toxic behavior.

Bye.

Oh, also, you know, this server you play on?

They could easily use microsecond timers exposed by e.g. JS/C# runtime to IMPLEMENT THEIR OWN FRAME LIMITER.

2 Likes

Oops, sorry.

Why close this topic? There’s a serious question still standing, however the original author seems to be unwilling to answer these.

@therealdadbeard I would suggest making you own framelimiter. As said above it’s possible. If it improves performance for a racing server good! But let’s be honest most of FiveM is RP based so I don’t think many need that curb boosting effect in RP servers. So could be implemented yourself (or by the server owners). Also as the elements said above try and get the source for RTSS as it could be implemented :stuck_out_tongue: