Borderless windowed -> 24hz

GTA V version? 1.41
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam.
Windows version? Win10 64bit.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes.
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications i7-6700K, 1070 GTX, 16GB RAM
What did you do to get this issue? Changed to borderless windowed mode
What server did you get this issue on? All (including server browser)

When running the game in borderless windowed, the game seems pops down to 24Hz refresh rate.
When I either change to fullscreen, windowed or just alt-tab out, the FPS goes back up to 60Hz performance.

I’ve fiddled around with graphics settings to no avail, GPU usage goes down as the game limits itself to 24Hz.
Tested with vsync on and off (both in-game and Nvidia control panel), with Steam and Geforce overlays both on and off.

FiveM is the only program on the system that is suffering from this issue, so I thought I’d ask around if anyone else has had similar troubles.

Try adding this to your CitizenFX.ini file:
ForceWindowingMode=0

(More info here: FiveM window missing border)

No go :confused:

Wonder if there’s a way for force a refresh rate in windowed and borderless windowed mode, since you can only set it manually in fullscreen? When you go windowed or borderless, it automatically changes to “Auto”, which naturally should be the display’s native refresh rate, but in my case goes to the lowest possible (24Hz).

My FPS (at some specific locations ingame) drops to about 30 compared to 60 when playing in borderless. However switching to full screen removes any fps issues. (adding the ForceWindowingMode=0 stops the game automatically going back to borderless mode for me). Not sure why it doesn’t work in your case.

I’ve had no issues with the mode switching on its own, but rather the strangely low refresh rate in borderless mode. I guess I’ll play full screen :slight_smile:

Having the same issue on a GTX 1070 here as well - are you by chance also using multiple monitors? Even if I’m focused on a second monitor’s window, it performs perfectly fine… focusing the game again slows it down a lot again.

1 Like

I get this sometimes on gtx 970 though hitting alt tab a few times usually fixes it (not always though). (Triple monitor setup)

Yeah, I’m on a dual-display setup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.