ELS+ | fic

I need to test again but when I was testing this on my server with a friend everything seemed to work perfectly it’s just every few minutes it’s as if the resource restarted itself as light and sirens just cut off, this happened for multiple players at the same time. Was just wondering if this is a known issue or?

Did you download the newest zip file as this should fix that issue,

Yes its on the github you can also join us on discord for faster replies

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info. So let’s say I have replacement ELS vehicles police2 and police3 installed in the usual /resources/stream/assets/police2 and /resources/stream/assets/police3. I would need a __resource.lua in each of those folders with the required lines you specified? And each .xls in the corresponding police2 and police3 folders?

Is there a better way to handle things if you have 20-30 replacement vehicles, so that only one resource.lua needs to be used? (Possibly a stupid question but for replacements I’ve only ever known to put them in /stream/assets).

you can just add each .xml to the one __resource.lua file you do not need to make a separate folder to handle each one

Sorry but it’s still not clear to me. The FiveM post on streaming replacement vehicles, that has been referred to for almost 2 years and never been superseded AFAIK, says to put each replacement vehicle texture in its own folder, e.g. /resources/stream/assets/police2. And to put a blank resource.lua under assets in that example.

Here is therefore my setup:

So in this case the xml files should all go right under assets? And the modified resource.lua listing the xml files and is_els ‘true’ also goes under assets? Or is there a better way to restructure this?

you can restructure it how you wish just know that you need to put the files relative so if you put police2 in police2 folder then it would be ‘stream/police2/police2.xml’ in your __resource.lua on top of that you will need to make sure you place the .xml in there as well. as long as you point it to the actual file you can add as many .xml files as you wish

Thanks for the clarification.

Thought I did but I’ll try again tonight. Was also wondering if there were plans for a euro mode (Straight to Ltsg 3, rather than going up through all 3 but has the ability to go down all 3 stages)?

i have tried installing it but i don’t know because i did what the installation said, and put like the sadot truck what i did is put the .xml in the stream folder and in the __resource.lua

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
    'stream/sadler.xml'
}

is_els 'true'

thats what i put for it and it still didn’t work i even cleared cache reboot and everything still nothing. i had installed the other els script i even stopped that script, still nothing.

Make sure the xml is valid also make sure the xml name matches the vehicle spawn name. You will also need to use elscar command until I push changes to repos to fix the spawn issue where scripts control the vehicle

this is where i put the elscar command

add_ace resource.els command.add_ace allow
add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands
add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit
add_principal identifier.steam:11000010cd46173 group.admin # add the admin to the group

is that right? what command do i need to use to spawn the car?

does the resource name match what you have els as

the els resource is named els

ok as long as the resource name is fine what are you using to admin your server also what are you using to spawn the vehicle you can also send me server ip while im providing other with live support

i’m using essentialmode 4 to admin my server and idk if my portforward is right for the server but you can try 66.190.132.80:30121 and i use lambda menu to spawn the car

wait i figured out how to spawn it but i don’t get it it says sadler is not els when i have it set in __resource.lua els ‘true’ and set the xml under the files part.

__resource.lua file for sadler/sadot:

resource_manifest_version '77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5'

files {
    'sadler.xml'
}

is_els 'true'

the xml file must be relative to the where you say it is in the files section of the __resouce.lua so if you dont put it in a folder it should be in the same folder as the resource.lua

i finally figured it out thanks!

also is there a way to change the controls is it the els.ini or do i have to do something else? because the siren is the chat key

you can change it in the ini :smiley:

1 Like