ELS+ | fic

As the vehicle is driving the spotlight will bounce back and forth? To fix that, set the spotlight dirx, diry, dirz further away.

The spotlight issue has been fixed it was happening due to syncing spotlight location to other clients. Ej pushed the fix this morning please download from GitHub I will post a new zip in a bit.

Wait so do we have to put els in our client side to work the lights or?

No this a full els system client side els is not supported

Someone should make a tutorial on installing this whole think for ones that donā€™t know how to(mostly mine)ā€¦

So where do the XMLs go? there isnt a folder for them

XMLs go into vehicle resource, along with modifying the __resource.lua with the names of each xml included with the resource in files. On the bottom put is_els ā€˜trueā€™ our script will detect it from there :smiley:

oh okay thank you for the help!

No problem any issues please post to github here or discord :smiley:

when you say ā€œvehicle resourceā€ there isnt a vehicle resource, or am i blind.

meaning the vehicle you are adding to your server

__resource.lua (486 Bytes)
Here is one from a pack i just converted :smiley:

1 Like

Ohhh alright thanks!

1 Like

having issues with it not registering the car

Double check xml files make sure that they are not missing a quote, also make sure u are adding the xml to the vehicle resource and not els

Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this! Just to confirm these instructions, in addition to the normal FiveM resource installation procedure:

(1) in server.cfg under system admins we still add the line: add_ace resource.els-fivem command.add_ace allow
(2) we do NOT change or add any lines to the resource.lua that installs in the main ELS-FiveM folder
(3) we do NOT add .xml files or any other files to the ELS-FiveM folder OR to the main GTA V folder, even though your ELS.ini has the line VcfContainerFolder = pack_default
(4) instead, to register ELS cars we modify the add-on vehicleā€™s folder resource.lua, by adding the .xml file names and the line is_els ā€˜trueā€™ (as in your example you provided above).

If this is all correct, my remaining questions are:

(A) What to do if we have a large pack of add-on cars in a single resource folder that includes BOTH els and non-els cars? Do we still follow instructions 3 and 4 above in the resource file? Itā€™s okay that there is a mix of non-els cars in the same resource?

(B) How do replacement vehicles get registered by your resource as ELS (e.g. police, police2ā€¦)? In the past I have installed the vehicle textures under resources/stream/assets. There may be no resource.lua and the corresponding .xls file is placed in the GTA V ELS folder under pack_default. Will these replacement ELS cars get automatically recognized?

Iā€™m having issues with the cars registering and the command. I added the command to the correct line but whenever I enter it in game it says access denied. As for the cars, I have put the XML files in the correct place and setup the resource the same way as the one shared above but the cars arenā€™t registering. Can anyone help me troubleshoot please?

A) Just add them all to the same resource it will only parse ELS if there is an .xml file listed. just make sure you keep the xml named after the vehicle you are spawning so if its hwaycar13 make sure the xml is hwaycar13.xml other then that mix match and do whatever it will detect them.

b) as far as replacement vehicles you can just add a __resource.lua with only the .xml files listed along with is_els ā€˜trueā€™ and it will replace them. You can also use this with stock vehicles by just adding the xml for stock vehicle under its own resource and els will take over it just note that lights and sirens will not start until stage 3

You will need to make sure you are not modifying the els-plus resource. On top of that verify the validity of the xml with a good IDE text editor like Visual Studio code (Recommended), Sublime, Notepad++ (with plugins), or an online xml validator if you still have issues please contact me via discord so i can provide better live help as on here its difficult :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the latest compiled beta

els-plus-v0.1.1.zip (1.3 MB)
Fixed CHP Steady burn issue, Fixed Stale vehicle deletion interval can be set via ini defaults to every 3 mins and is written in mins, Added pattern decrement using Alt modifier, Debug messages clean up.

Just asking is there a ā€œinstall guideā€ for it anywhere? I donā€™t want to hound the thread with simple questions.

1 Like