[Advice] Add On Cars

What do I need to look for when creating the add on cars to stream? I add the files the 4 meta files like it says and then I add the stream files but even a had full what have the basic 3 files still crash FiveM, What things are advice to keep away from to stop crash’s and any way to try fix these fix’s

So many posts make it out easy to convert the cars but it’s not I followed the tut’s fine and it works with some cars, like the Ford F350 that seems to be a good model to add on but others are just crashing the game out.

Make sure that both the texture files and model files are under 16 megabytes, that’s the streaming limit. If the texture files over 16 megabytes you can go in and lower the resolution of individual textures, if the model is over 16 megabytes then there is not very much you can do except contact the author and see if they can lower it for you.

Also, make sure in your __resource.lua file, you have added the metas in the correct order.

What is the correct order as I just using one from another modded car I doing what works fine, I didn’t know about the 16 limit check that next,

resource_manifest_version '05cfa83c-a124-4cfa-a768-c24a5811d8f9'
description "Dmax Car Mod"
files {
	'vehicles.meta',
	'carvariations.meta',
	'carcols.meta',
	'handling.meta'
}
data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 'vehicles.meta'
data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 'carcols.meta'
data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 'carvariations.meta'
data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'

This is my Ford F6350 resource file and it works fine

Here is all the files of one I trying to load but fails

This is only the files in once place this is not how they are on the server it’s just so you can see the file sizes this one is missing ‘carcols.meta’, but I removed it from the resource file but no matter what model I been using today not one as worked and crashed the client, but strange thing is they not give me a resource module name error just stupid errors what I as a server owner can’t see only FiveM see’s what I find messed up, how are we meant to debug anything.

Also can someone explain this

Citizen.InvokeNative(GetHashKey("ADD_TEXT_ENTRY"), key, value)
end

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
	AddTextEntry('0x54830233', 'PD')

In every name file I seen so far it as part of a open function function and a part of a end function, this is NOT logical and not part of the normal way of coding anything so can someone explain what is happening here why are people doing it like this and messing with my brain :slight_smile:

Also how do we get or create hashs for the AddTextEntry and how much is it needed to have this file.

I really getting confused we follow all the tuts and the ways we are meant to and then we find out no that don’t work do it another way, why is it so confusing and broken, FiveM please release up to date information on how we are meant to do things, Are you not wanting people to use this platform? as people are at each other in the forums saying do it this way or do it that way, and when you do it all the ways and it’s still not working, or you update it and brake the servers full stop, this is shocking.

I don’t envy some of the older long term moders here, having to change things all the times I feel for you.

Try adding the handing first.

Right. Here are the problems with it:
Five M doesn’t work with RPF files, you need to open it with OpenIV and extract the files.
I’m assuming you’re using an FXServer
You need to make a few folders in it. E.G:
In the folder you created in resources, you need to have the __resource.lua. You need to make a folder called stream and in there you need to have the .yft and .ytd files. Go up one folder into the one where the __resource.lua is and create another folder called data and store your .meta files in there. That should fix it, let me know if it does or not. If you’re not using a FXServer, just ignore all of this!

Hi, if you can link me the original car post I can convert it for you and give you the working resource.
From it you can see how things have to be done.

Or you can check out one of my car releases to get an idea, like this:

Make a folder with the car name, like BMW_M6
in that make a folder called stream. All your files ytd, ytf and so on goes in the stream folder.
The meta files in the “CAR-NAME” folder.
then make your __resource like this:

resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’

files {
‘vehicles.meta’,
‘carvariations.meta’,
‘carcols.meta’,
‘handling.meta’,
‘vehiclelayouts.meta’,
}

data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘handling.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE’ ‘vehicles.meta’
data_file ‘CARCOLS_FILE’ ‘carcols.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE’ ‘carvariations.meta’
data_file ‘VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE’ ‘vehiclelayouts.meta’

And then ofc add it to server.cfg like start “BMW_M6”
Works on 9/10 cars, for some reason, some cars will still crash even if they have all files, guess its cause of the size of it, like map files.

Hope that helps.

(( ALSO when i saw you said the F350, i also had some problems with that car, maybe its the same “bugged” skin we have tried out xD ))

I will try thank thanks

I have already made it clear I got another car working so I already know how to extract the files and how to create the stream folder and so on, so I not sure what this post was all about.

Thanks I will check your car out and see what if anything is different, but having one car working but then rest not makes me believe it’s FiveM and the addons just not liking each other as I not getting any meta file errors like you do when doing this process wrong.

The F350 was the only one I got added with skins working fine it’s all other car’s since, I am down to the opinion some car models or meta files are just not going to work with FiveM, your post don’t help me for one most cars only have 4 files not 5, BUT posting the file like i have will help others.

[note]
I am going to keep looking at this as there seems to be more then one answer and it’s still very confusing for even people have as converted 100’s of cars’ been talking to a few last night and they can’t even see a pattern of working and none working addons.

i use this for all add-on cars, no mather how many meta files.
or you can just delete the vehiclelayouts lines. I guess you only use carcol, carvartion, handling and vehicle.

Yes I know I have the same template

I saw in your screenshot that they weren’t in all the correct folders.

Could you provide screenshots of the files in your F350 folder, the stream folder and the data folder.

Also could you provide the error message / a screenshot of the error message. From here, we would hopefully be able to tell the cause of your problem and whether it is your own problem or the resource makers.

The screen shot was not about the folders, it was to stop the size of each file, there is no errors or I would post them, I already got the file stream folder and that works fine of the F350 that works all others I tested that day didn’t

F350

The F350 works fine

Sorry, my mistake, I thought the car you were having problems with was the F350.

Have you tried making a new folder called data and putting the .meta files in there? That might help.

That makes no different’s tried so many different things and still no luck lol maybe it’s something with the models of the way some of the addons are created I don’t know.

Could you try uploading the CitizenFX.log files located in the root of your server and also the CitizenFX.log file located in [Drive]:\Users[Username]\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM Application Data [If you can’t find the folder type %appdata% in the top of File Explorer, go up a folder into Local\FiveM\FiveM Application data.

Is that file the file what prints to the console at the time? if so there is no point, no errors was printed back to anyone at the time, and it’s been reinstalled since then.

My dev platform changes at times to make sure my tests work on clean installs as well as my older installs.

The one in the server, yes. The one in your own FiveM Client, I don’t think so.

I will try the buggy modules again later when I am in the mood for the cars lol and I will check that set of logs also and if they look strange I will upload them