Advance compatibility warning: client-side handling files

The next update, scheduled to be released later this week, will allow server-side handling overrides, so that server owners no longer have to ask users to install a client-side handling file.

However, an implementation detail in this update makes it so that client-side handling files (in common/data; overriding explicit dlc* folders will still work) can no longer override handling for cars added in DLC by R*.

We are providing advance warning for this change so that you can be prepared to adjust your server to allow for this behavior, especially if you’re running a resource that validates client-side handlings.

Loading new handlings on the server will work using data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta' as with add-on cars, to test this now you can use UpdateChannel=canary in CitizenFX.ini to update your client to the canary channel.

If you’re a server owner and you’d like to be informed directly of possible changes, and want a direct line for regression reporting, please e-mail pr@fivem.net with a request to be added to a specific notification group on the FiveM Discord chat, and mention the nickname you’re using on that chat.

This is a forward-looking statement, and is based on current facts and expectations. Any information contained in this statement may be subject to change.

[Release] Add-on Cars/Peds (Ems/Chp/Sheriff/RDE style cars) FInal 10.29.2017

wow, this feature is coming about way faster than I anticipated… greatly appreciate the hard work you guys are doing to make life easier for players and server admins alike.

to clarify the dlc vehicle handling topic: client-side handling (in common/data) will no longer be able to override official dlc vehicle handling, but server-sided handling will?

SO ! There are cars in my server which have fuc*** up suspensions, looks like Monster truck on every cars. I’m using Addons, how could I get back to my previous handling way ?

Having this same issue. Narrowed the issue down the addonpack. Discussing it over on that thread. :slight_smile:

Yes us too… horrible

Easiest tutorial for all:

How to stream handling.meta on server

1 Make a folder in /resources/ called for example “serverhandling”

2 Inside this make file with name __resource.meta (remember there are two _)

Inside __resource.meta fill:

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 'handling.meta'

files {
  'handling.meta',
}

3 Next: Move your handling.meta to your handling resource folder.

4 Make sure you have enabled new resource in server configuraiton file citmp-server.yml
as - handling

That’s all.

[Release] Bluur Car Pack - 110 working car models on Five Reborn (+cars list +handling)

Are NPC’s affected by those handlings ?

The email address is not working:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [mail.fivem.net. 151.80.44.223: generic::failed_precondition: connect error (0): error]

still had the same issue after putting that __resource.meta file in

__resource.lua not .meta

Are you guys drunk?

so 32 slots is now useable how and were do we set it up

so is there anyway we can still modify dlc cars handling?

Handling not working for me do know why this right???

whats inside your __resource.lua

@Jelman
__recource.lua
////////
data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘handling.meta’

files {
‘handling.meta’,
}

resource_manifest_version ‘77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5’

files {
‘handling.meta’
}

– specify data file entries to be added
– these entries are the same as content.xml in a DLC pack

data_file ‘HANDLING_FILE’ ‘handling.meta’

This should work, as its the one im using

Also you seem to have a spelling mistake.

you wrote recource when its resource

@Jelman

server cant find it ^

??? i dont know how it isnt working

remove the s at the end of your file

@Jelman still doesnt work

And the ’ :slight_smile: