Addon vehicle crashes game

GTA V version? Not sure of number, but it’s latest (Smuggler’s Run or whatever it’s called)
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Originally CD, but restored PC and used Social Club.
Windows version? Windows 10 build 15063
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes, and the server’s cache folder as well.
Error screenshot (if any) I don’t have screenshots, but Crash 1 is “seven-kitten-river” and Crash 2 is “arkansas-missouri-failed”.
System specifications i5 2400 stock, R9 290 OCed core/downclocked memory (1000/1000), 8GB RAM.
What did you do to get this issue? Added an addon car (Toyota AE86), press F to get into it > Crash (“Crash 1”). Restarted game, jump-slid over it’s hood after spawning it in again, different crash (“Crash 2”).
What server did you get this issue on? Locally hosted, my own.
CitizenFX.log file How do I add these?
.dmp files/report IDs

(removed “Issue with starting” section, as it has no problem with starting)

Also add what you already tried so far.

I would just like to ask someone who has already said they solved it to help me out, since there doesn’t seem to be a direct message system besides Discord and I’m not sure they’re on there. I know this has been posted before but @Xnitro67 did not explain how he fixed his problem that I am sure I am now having. I’m pretty sure it’s the same exact mod they had, and they said something about the layouts file but I’m not seeing anything. I’m hoping they can help me out or if someone else can.

Edit: Let me know if you need more info.

1 Like

I have no issues with add-on they work great

Hi, I had the exact same problem on my AE86 addon (might be a different version of AE86 though, I use the version made by forget), but I think I figured out how to fix it. Credits to @Zulfurix ([SOLVED] Certain add-on vehicles crash client on enter attempts)
Sorry for any grammar errors if I have any, English is not my native language.

What I did was go to vehicles.meta (not vehiclelayouts.meta) and change

<layout>LAYOUT_LOW_NSX</layout> (your vehicles.meta might have a different layout name)
to
<layout>LAYOUT_LOW</layout>

I haven’t tested this solution in other cars but this worked for the AE86 addon which I had.
This seemingly changes the collision of the car to a more common one, so the collision is a little bit glitchy when you’re entering the car, but hey, at least you can drive in it. (hopefully)

4 Likes

Sorry for not replying in awhile, I already fixed it. Thanks though.

I had the one version with the green muddy car paint on it (Missing textures?) which was the second one I tried. The first one worked after I fixed the __resource.lua file I did wrong (lol).

If anyone happens to find this and would like the files for it, I can upload somewhere and send links, etc.

sorry for this question in there. but anyone knows why if i create a fivem server and i place an addon car. why i cant able to tune the car? it has a lot of options but i cant use any. maybe someone can link me a proper way to how to add an addoncar to fivem server

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.