Addon textures to MP Freemode model?

Hello, everyone!

I am curious as to if there is a way to add-on textures/skins to the mp_m_freemode_01 model. I want to add our custom police uniform to it so that officers may look the way they want in the game, and still be able to use the uniform. Right now we are restricted to just the s_m_y_cop_01 model.

It would be just like GTA Online in the sense you can choose whatever clothing you want, but also have access to the custom PD uniform.

I know other servers have done it, and I am unsure how. If you have any ideas or know how to do it let me know.

Thank you.

You’d have to stream the models. This can be done the same way you’d stream a replacement/add-on vehicle.

yea and you need to create a custom meta for it of course

So would I just have to add in the PD textures I have in my s_m_y_cop_01 to the MP Freemode model and then stream it? That is what I was gonna do but the textures for the Freemode model are .ydd. When I export the clothing textures out of the PD model they come out as .dds and there is no option for .ydd.

Would it work anyways?

If you’re opening the ydd and extracting the contents of the ydd to modify the textures you need to repack them back into the ydd and extract the said ydd, not extact the contents of the ydd.

I think the problem is I suck at explaining. Lol. What I should say is I want to only take out the PD Shirt, hat, tool belt, and pants, then add those textures to the MP Freemode. If I understand what you are saying, I should pack each one up as a .ydd and add it to the MP free mode model? The freemode model is really different from other models in the fact it has a folder of .ydd files, a ymt, and a yft file if I remember correctly.

The MP model already has a cop outfit though? Already on both the male and female peds

Yeah I cant find which ydd(s) it is. There are hundreds of them.

They are already on the models though, you have to change their ‘outfit’ or ‘appearance’ through some form of clothing shop of ped editor.

Yeah, we have a clothing shop, just the stock PD uniforms. The custom ones are under s_m_y_cop_01 and I want to move them over to the freemode, but it is super complicated because the freemode model is unlike the other models.

Hey jubby I’m looking for the same answer but I got the idea on how to do it I just can’t find the files for the cop clothing. I’ve gone through most of them so far so far I found the belt

The shirt is jbib_002_u.ydd that will get you started.