About police sirens

Is there any possible way to change police sirens? Like making a LUA script to “stream” a awc file or rpf, is that an option ?

Best regards

Nope, you can’t stream audio files I believe

Audio “streaming” is a feature in the works.

Currently the only way is to modify your base game files using ArchiveFix and distribute the .rpf file.

More info here:

I’ve just heard that if you distribute the .rpf file, it will only work for myself, and not everybody else on the server, is that correct ?

1 Like

It will work for whoever has the same rpf file, people without it will hear default sounds.

Once you modified the .rpf to your liking and have ran it through ArchiveFix, you then give everyone that .rpf so they can hear the new sounds. Otherwise they just hear default sounds.

Also note, that this will also change the sounds for single player and GTA Online.

That is correct.

Solution : The Issue is that, FiveM Server Sided Sirens Aren’t Supported Due to The Vehicle.awc File Is Not able to be streamed,
Although, If you extract the Sirens from the AWC File and Stream them In a Resource Individually in a Directory As Follows:
sfx/resident/vehicles
The __resource.lua must include each siren as it’s own data file, then the sounds will be replaced in game for all members!

Bare in mind it may take 2-3 Minutes for the Cache Data to Update On the Server and Client Sided and then the sirens should be implemented! ENJOY!