Ability to stream more than model and meta files

Would be very useful. For example for new updates or just some add-ons.

Huh? You can ‘stream’ any file that’s normally registered in a streaming module (.y**, .gfx), and you can load (not stream!) any data file that’s supported by DLC.

What is it that you want to load, specifically, that’s in said ‘new updates’ or ‘add-ons’?

1 Like
fivem_loves_you_528664ed573dbd9

I’m dead :joy:

I meant audio Files for example

You can use UI for that and https://wiki.fivem.net/wiki/Data_files have some AUDIO keys

2 Likes

You already can load those, though? It’ll cause a big initial download, but if you have audio files and a game.dat151.rel + sounds.dat54.rel for it, you can load them.

For example:

files {
	'gd/dlcthing_game.dat151.nametable',
	'gd/dlcthing_game.dat151.rel',
	'gd/dlcthing_sounds.dat54.nametable',
	'gd/dlcthing_sounds.dat54.rel',
	'dlc_thing/carcar.awc',
	'dlc_thing/carcar_npc.awc',
}

data_file 'AUDIO_GAMEDATA' 'gd/dlcthing_game.dat'
data_file 'AUDIO_SOUNDDATA' 'gd/dlcthing_sounds.dat'
data_file 'AUDIO_WAVEPACK' 'dlc_thing'

https://w.wew.wtf/jtgupv.7z

(taken from this GTA5-Mods mod, use <audioNameHash>carcar</audioNameHash> in your add-on vehicles.meta. the ‘please don’t reupload’ is ignored given how only audio files were used that were ripped from another video game, so the person compiling the files has no rights over the data itself)

10 Likes

@einsteinium, Maybe a basic question but how do you extract these file from an RPF file ?
Did you used OpenIV ?

These files didn’t come from an RPF, they were manually created using currently-private (as they’re not user-friendly) tools.

1 Like

Oh no my bad, I though he got a rtf file from gta-modding…
Thanks for anwsered :slight_smile:

Does it mean it is possible, but we can’t do it rn because the tools to create the files are private?

You can do the same to R*'s audio files they ship with their ‘new updates’, no need to modify the files.

Wow, I am such a dumbass. Thanks, can be closed I think. Thanks guys

Thanks @Kyominii Your Link helped me a lot

1 Like