Ability to disable the debug screen

Some kind of debug screen was commited 4 hours ago: https://github.com/citizenfx/fivem/commit/1b0e0bf90029329c5d51ae4b376b98c9ff78641e

And I don’t see any way to disable it. That’s very very annoying our players. Please add ability to disable that.

Thank you.

I would really like to disable this as well. It is quite an eyesore

Same, Im getting an error for “playernames” which came with five m server files…

The solution is easy. Fix your code. The warning is there so that quality of scripts that keep crashing and breaking gets improved.

4 Likes

Fivem could remove this…can move it to the console or doing that it only shows if you open the ingame console, so only admins can see it and only when the console is opened…

2 Likes

Yes, but we won’t. ‘Admins’ already have the opinion of ‘everything FiveM says is wrong’, showing this on all players will cause players to prod ‘admins’ to fix their resources.

1 Like

We’re investigating this issue (and have posted in other threads related to it), an update will be released once we find that issue.

1 Like

okay, as I said,

Blockquote Im getting an error for “playernames” which came with five m server files…

so why dont they fix their playernames code before rolling this update?

You can disable it by removing or fixing said resource. If the resource is made by a third party, complain to the resource developer.

because this doesn’t happen on every server using playernames. this is a tool for any script developer to use, we are not some infallible gods.

But what does it mean when it says for example “Resource time warning, advancedfuel is taking 4ms”. 4ms of what? delay? thats nothing.

I agree that’ll fix the problem. But it’s huge amount of code which can not be optimized in 5 minutes.
Besides why regular players should see that? That’s information is intended for developers only.

1 Like

Let me preface this by saying this is a great tool and is very helpful to increase server stability. Is there any possible way to get a better idea of the specific issue that is being caused?

2 Likes

All its done is driven players to stand around complaining about it. When its something that we have nothing to do with.

Well… your client runs the code, so it will impact your client. So When its something that we have nothing to do with. is completely invalid.

every frame, it is a lot. again, for relative value, see the FPS drop count that’s right next to it.

1 Like

Then tell your player base ‘we’re fixing this issue, your game will be faster once we do so, thanks to the fivem developers for pointing this out’ or similar.

One of the most requested features for FiveM was ‘fix the FPS drops’. Since ‘FPS drops’ are caused by user-run resources, this message is displayed to make players aware that these drops are not caused by FiveM itself.

A detailed profiler tool for developers will be added in a future update.

4 Likes

okay, so i will pull fivem’s shit playername resourse untill you guys fix this issue thanks for the useful information here

1 Like

Not at this time. Usually, you’ll have to look for long inner loops in a resource.

1 Like

Then, remove the resource for now (as you have already done), and tell them it’s being worked on.

1 Like