180109 Update Critical Failure. 'access denied' error

An ‘access denied’ error was encountered when updating FiveM. Please try to run the game as administrator, or contact support.

This message follows the 180109 Update. I closed FiveM. It insisted on updating with no option to skip. Now it will not run at all. Starting as normal results in the above message. Starting as admin does the same. And unlike previously, a few months ago, rebooting does not resolve the problem. I can not join FiveM at all

GTA V version? 1.42
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 8.1 Pro
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) None
System specifications i7 nVidia
What did you do to get this issue? Played FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? Startup issue
CitizenFX.log file It generates none
.dmp files/report IDs C:\Users\USER\AppData\ - There is no FiveM folder anywhere in Appdata or subdirectories

If an issue with starting:
My GTA Folders: https://sites.google.com/site/newgameplay1/FiveM-Screenshots.jpg
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? No Anti-virus. I want to lag. And be part of a bot net.

Also add what you already tried so far.
Throwing the chicken bones…

Might be caused by PrivateFirewall 7, was able to get FiveM to update by clicking fivem normally the moment my windows desktop became visible following a reboot, which is before other things startup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.