How to setup server?

I bought a sever from ovh, and I don’t know how to set it upfor fivereborn . If anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to Support

How to use the server

Create a new folder anywhere on your computer.
Extract the server.7z file in the previously created folder.
Change the server settings in citmp-server.yml file.
Port forward the port 30120 (UDP & TCP)
Open run.bat
Connect to your server via the client.

Ya but whenever i follow those instructions and try to connect i get the error “failed to connect after 3 retries” any suggestions?

If you are hosting on the same PC then connect directly with local IP. If you connect with the server browser it will try to connect to the same public IP which is in possible to do.

@EPPS said in How to setup server ?:

If you connect with the server browser it will try to connect to the same public IP which is in possible to do.

That’s not even the case, unless you’re using a consumer gateway device that doesn’t support hairpinning/NAT loopback. Outside of that, that’s not relevant, given how @RadDuckling wrote in his topic start:

@trooperellis said in How to setup server ?:

I bought a sever from ovh

OVH being a dedicated server provider that sells remote servers in various locations around the world.

As to the main issue,

@RadDuckling said in How to setup server ?:

Ya but whenever i follow those instructions and try to connect i get the error “failed to connect after 3 retries” any suggestions?

it might be the UDP port traffic is somehow being blocked by a firewall set up somewhere.

… never mind, didn’t notice this was a topic being hijacked. WTF?!

@RadDuckling said in How to setup server ?:

Make your own topic.

WTF? I did not see that sH$% but I was talking to the one with the error of not able to connect to his server about. “Failed to connect after 3 attempts” , but in that case @RadDuckling may have a consumer router. And the main post well am not sure I won’t be in a computer for a while. Lol

Cleaned up topic

@trooperellis how are we doing sir?

Hmm i tried all this stuff and my server still doesn’t show up on the list, when i try to direct connect it loads for a few minutes then my game crashed :/.

Try to direct connect to 127.0.0.1.

Did you manage to forward your ports?

@XTheGreatJamesX said in How to setup server ?:

Hmm i tried all this stuff and my server still doesn’t show up on the list, when i try to direct connect it loads for a few minutes then my game crashed :/.

Do not hijack a topic, create your own.

Locked.